About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Fence by the Climbing Tree


Years and years ago our lamb put her head through the fence to reach a tender leaf but she was trapped unable to get her haed out by herself. I notice the fence was never replaced and it is stretched out of shape. Soon the field will be sold. The fence will be pulled out to make way for a new home. So I continue to paint for a couple of more days. Some times for pure feeling without words and other days for memories. Everyday I see the field as though I never really noticed it before. How could I have missed such a wonderful inspiration? Well I did try to paint in the field with animals like sheep, cows, horses and once a goat. Only the animals wanted to get into the paint. But still there were many times like now when the field could have been my place to paint. I was busy with life and now I am so fortunate that I do have time to paint.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

You make me feel like I'm there!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you for reading my blog. I admire your abstracts and have internalized your painting. Your influence is with me so in a sense you are here with me as I paint.