About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Will continue oil series in December?


The time has come to have quality family time with grandchildren for the Thanksgiving holiday. After Thanksgiving I'll decide if I should do more oil paintings. I have been enjoying painting very much the past few weeks. I have learned that I can develop a flow by making myself conclude paintings while the initial intention is still strongly felt. In contrast to painting one a day outdoors, working in the studio I attempt to make the paintings look as though they are done all at once. I am forcing them. The nice thing about oil is that it stays wet longer than acrylic facilitating working all over the surface keeping it a unit. I was happiest when I had two of each primary color, white and a few earth colors. I was painting smoothly until I ran out of most of my max watersoluble oil colors. Yesterday I squeezed on to my palette what remained. I only have some burnt sienna, burnt umber and white left in tubes. Should do for some winter landscape or deer. In addition to running out of paint, on Friday we will sign over to the new owner the lot. This will not be as final an ending as I thought:I may yet be able to paint there through December. Building will probably start in January. I have thought that this series might well include the drama of a house being built.

No comments: