About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sky With Emotion


Today I brought out all of my nineteen small oil paintings that were put away for ten days. I am pleased with the changes that took place over the weeks during which I painted once a day. I am going to do more oil paintings when the weather is warmer. Next Spring they can dry in our unheated pump house. In the meantime, today, I am back to painting with acrylics outdoors in the 26 degree weather until my fingers feel cold. I'll finish two this afternoon. The painting I post here is an earlier one that I just glazed today. The thick blue mixed with white is not as vibrant as a thin glaze is over dried paint.

In the past I kept working on a painting over and over. I am changing my ways for small paintings.

Today I noticed the gray sky all over and found little changes in hue and luminosity. It is difficult to photograph these light paintings but will work on the photography so I can post them tomorrow.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Really delicious blues, greys and greens.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

This one is not available for sale.