About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, November 10, 2006

Underneith High Ground "TG", Our Pet Sheep Rests


Our back wall of the shop was a favorite place for our pet "TG." This morning before the storm I could not find a subject to paint at first. I walked around the field as though lost. I had to paint a quick one before the storm and I settled with the buildings because they are so angular that I could bite into the moody part of painting almost from the start. The black box, bat house never seemed more ominous. "TG" lay down here and could not get up about four years ago this month. One of her lambs is enjoying her golden years on my friend Rain's farm.

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

I love this. And the story makes it even more meaningful.