About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Paintings grasses at Jackson-Frazier Wetland, Hatfield Marine Center, and my back yard - abstracting the unseen forces

I AM PAINTING THE EFFECT OF ATMOSPHERIC CONDIONS ON THE GESTURE OF THE GRASS NOT THE GRASS.
"Calm morning light in our back yard in Albany" - I was finished yesterday and today started a new painting. Then I realized that the first did not have the gesture of being in still air after a night of being hydrated. So I ripped the new one apart and pasted it over the first one. Finally I cropped the painting, 8" x 10", $90.

"Autumn frost on the grass at the Jackson-Frazier Wetland viewing platform", started in 2000 - today I judged the work completed. Painted entirely on location, 22" x 30", $300.


"Sheltered shade under the bridge to Jackson-Frazier Wetland Boardwalk, Corvallis," started 1998, w.c. mixed media, 22" x 30". $120



Wind at Hatfield Marine Center, Newport, 2002, w.c., 22" x 26", $150




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that first one in particular - it has a great feeling.