About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, May 11, 2009

Tip for hard to squeeze watercolor tubes


My style requires big loads of paint fast. Writing these tips has reminded me of a critic back 35 years ago when I took a refresher class from Frederick Heidel. He said I did not make myself an ample set up for painting. I had to agree looking at my little plastic cabinet with drawers upon drawers of watercolor paint tubes and seeing how much time was involved in opening and closing the drawers and unscrewing and messing with a palette. I wasn't cutting the mustard. There must be another way instead of poking with the wrong end of my brush pushing the hard paint plug down so soft paint could ooze around and through the opening. Such important lessons sometimes are forgotten . Today I finally have no fear in ripping open hard to squeeze tube. I wear gloves of course.

No comments: