About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Abstract Painting #4, "Frost on Wish Bone"


Acrylic on masonite board box, 7" x 5" x 7/8", no frame necessary, ready to hang, $90. To purchase please e-mail me. "Wish Bone Tree" is one of three started yesterday after going for a walk around our pasture. In the freezing weather outdoors I cooled my paints and board before painting indoors. I believe that the cold paint reduced the paint fumes that give me headaches. In these paintings I want the abstract quality of frosty textures to be seen before the tree subject.

1 comment:

Martha Marshall said...

Very nice. I like the balance between abstract and a more literal interpretation. The squiggly gestural line suggesting a branch is wonderful.