About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lanscape Painting: " Winter Fir Trees"


Acrylic on cradled masonite board, no frame required, 7" x 5" x 7/8", $95. To purchase please e-mail me.

Today the sun did not break through the fog until noon. " Winter Fir Trees" just painted itself. I liked it too much to continue to make further abstractions. The colors were so wintery with the frost but no snow. Yesterday I saw a few flakes being blown about in the air never to find a landing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love It!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your site today and had an enjoyable time seeing how your style has changed over time. I like where you are going. I admire your painting outdoors when it is below freezing--something I can't seem to do as my hands get too stiff to hold the brush.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks for your compliments, Heidi and Joyce. It is good to know that someone cares enough to lend me support. Yes, there is a change. The colder it gets the more urgent are my brush strokes. Today I noticed some shake in my arm that wasn't there yesterday when I was painting in sunshine. I am glad for the half hour painting in the cold before finishing indoors. I am happier when I am outside for awhile each day. And I notice so many more subjects I want to use as a springboard to my own expressive journey.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I felt that same kindredship as you did. I am trying to get rid of my desire to be "right" in my paintings and I post whatever I have done (which is really hard for me.) I think you are doing something similar. Just doing it releases some of that desire to always look as though I know what I am doing.

We should just soldier on!

I hope you don't mind if I put a link on my blog so I can check your site easier.