About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Abstract Painting:"Full Moon on Yule Tide Sunset"


"Full Moon Rises on Yule Tide Sunset" is a 14" x 18" acrylic painting on stretched canvas priced at $350. To purchase the painting please e-mail me and I will set up a Pay Pal transaction. This abstract is inspired by a series of paintings of my field that we are in the process of selling for development. Of all the years we have lived here, I do not remember walking in our pasture to look at the moon rise. But the evening of December 5th I was treated to the last time I will see the moon rise here. I am excited to paint from the memory of this sunset just deepening in the sky as the moon came up in the East. I find it easier to work into a fully expressive abstraction just after seeing it in the studio. When I am outside I first feel the need to record what I see and then as I work I feel the emotions well up so I can get to the core of expression, minimalizing detail and creating my own energy. It is my work to interpret - not record. It is my pleasure to enjoy what I have. I add colors to suit my mood and more memories like the star which used to be hung in the climbing tree to be seen all the way down the road.

No comments: