About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Apple Tree Expressionist Painting:"After Apple Picking"


"After Apple Picking" is inspired by Robert Frost's poem by the same name. The painting is acrylic on stretched canvas, larger than the 5"x 7" that I will be posting. This one is 18" x 14" and $350.













My long two pointed ladder's sticking through a tree
Toward heaven still,
And there's a barrel that I didn't fill
Beside it, and there may be two or three
Apples I didn't pick upon some bough.
But I am done with apple picking now.
Essence of winter sleep is on the night
The scent of apples: I am drowsing off
I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight
I got from looking through a pane of glass
I skimmed this morning from the drinking trough
And held against the world of hoary grass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice painting ! :)