About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Expressionist Painting, "Walking Dog"


"Walking Dog," is acrylic on a wood panel box, ready to hang, no frame necessary, 7" x 5"x 7/8", $95. To purchase, e-mail me. Today there are puddles everywhere. The drainage ditch that I dug around the pump house keeps the water level just below flooding the cement floor. The pump house, originally dug by the homesteader for watering his livestock, I now use it for shelter. I do not have a painting umbrella as such, I paint outside until the painting is wet enough for juicy painting then seek shelter under a tree or in the pump house. This painting is inspired by a daily dog walker. When the neighbor walks by with her dog every morning, I want to paint her determination. "Walking Dog" is the beginning of a series with people and our pasture on high ground giving an Olympian view of the surrounding landscape.

No comments: