About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, December 29, 2006

Expressionist Landscape: "December Sunset"


Acrylic on cradled masonite board, 7" x 5" x 7/8", no frame required, $95. To purchase please e-mail me.

This morning I painted "December Sunset" mostly outdoors in front of the trees. The painting became farther away from what I saw last night as I worked. I remembered the redness of the sky. I remembered the wind moving the clouds. Then I intuitively responded to what the painting said it needed. At first there were blues in the top fifth of the painting and I thought that it took away from the drama. So the sky became even warmer and I was surprised to compare the painting to the photographs that I took last night. This is a painting more about what I was feeling today than the sunset last night.

1 comment:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

This painting is not available. Sorry.