About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Friday, December 22, 2006

Expressionist Painting, "Two Fir Trees"


Acrylic on masonite board box, 8" x 6" x 7/8", no frame required, $100. To purchase please e-mail me.After trying to paint over to improve yesterday's paintings, I went out to the pasture. I saw deer and a wintering over pairs of blue birds and some doves. These birds are new to this region - usually just here during the summer. I painted in beautiful relatively warm sunshine. Things went considerably better than what I was doing indoors all day yesterday when I tried to paint a memory of the early sunrise before the ice storm. Over and over I painted. I do not feel the failure of these paintings because I learned much about layering and scraping acrylics. So today what a delight it was to paint this one that pleased me from the start.

No comments: