About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Landscape: "Purple Bird House"


Acrylic on cradled masonite board, 7" x 5" x 7/8", no frame required, $95. To purchase please e-mail me.

"Purple Bird House" is one of many bird houses my husband made and placed along our fence. We used to call it the purple cow because of a spot painted on one side. Now the spot is weathered and pealing and moss is growing on the roof.
These one a day paintings are teaching me lessons. I am more aware. I am enjoying every change in the weather as seen from our pasture. Every day we still own the pasture is a gift. It is still our pasture but may soon be sold. I am also more aware of my own work habits and am thinking I need time limits. If I have all day I paint all day with diminishing satisfaction. These quick paintings were intended to be warm ups for larger paintings. Next year, in a few days, I will finish working on my paintings for a group of four artists at the Benton County Museum in April. Plus prepare for a June exhibition at a convention center on the Oregon State University Campus. So my new challenge will be doing both small paintings at the same time as larger exhibition work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is just lovely. It sounds like you are challenging yourself and not losing the fun and magic of creating.