About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Monday, January 08, 2007

Day Dream Painting: "Granny's Tree Planting"


Acrylic on masonite board supported in back by wood framing making a box, 12" x 12" x 7/8", ready to hang, $200. Available for sale but will be retained by artist until May 31st. To purchase please e-mail artist.

"Granny's Tree Planting" went through a long process of transitions today. First I painted a sunset sky upon which I put myself planting a tree. In the sky I did look like a ghostly dream. The horizon kept climbing, though, farther and farther up into the sunset. My face kept reminding me of my grandchildren or my grandmother Agnes who was happiest gardening. Then the dream became more real. I am going to plant a tree to help make up for the downed trees this winter. I wonder what kind of tree would be sturdy, stand straight and grow in wet, windy, winters as well as provide me some beauty.

No comments: