About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dream Painting: Epiphany of New Beginnings


Acrylic on cradled masonite board, 7" x 5" x 7/8", no frame required, $100. To purchase please e-mail me.

I had a dream of power and creativity in answer to my feelings of frustration with not getting my whites to be as luminating as I would like. I want more of my inner meaning in my work. I took satisfying strong action. I switched tools from a brush to a welder to make my acrylics as bright and as luminous as watercolors. A welded painting works in dreams. My welding became brighter and brighter and then suddenly went pitch black. I heard my husband ask if we blew out a fuse as I woke up. This dream is an epiphany to me. I'll be using some new tools and materials in my series of fir trees and sky to shed light on the essence of my feelings. Most importantly I want to really put myself into these paintings.
Was it Heinrich Heine who said, " The closest we can get to Godliness is creating."?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year Diane! You are very inspiring! Painting is way more than just the mechanics, you really put your soul into it! Bravo!