About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Expressionist Landscape:"Climbing Tree: New Beginning"


Acrylic on cradled masonite board, 7" x 5" x 7/8", $125. To purchase please e-mail me.

Today fighting a head cold and rain, I skipped painiting outdoors. Instead I went for a couple of walks around our property. With a charcoal pencil I sketched on my masonite board. Then I painted indoors. Previously I had been painting directly outdoors without a sketch so this is one of my new departures. The sketch was very general and I did not keep with it preferring to go with the flow of my energy in defining the tree. The other departure was to use my dental gum stimulator as a paint shapper. The shapper is a promising new way to take advantage of underlying color to achieve the luminosity I desire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a dental gum stimulator is but it certainly adds intrigue to your painting!