About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Non-objective Abstract: About Red


Acrylic on cradled Ampersand board, 10" x 8"x 7/8", no frame required, $100. Thank you for looking at my blog, comments are welcome. To purchase please e-mail me.

Went for a drive to Newport and Lincoln City, Oregon. Did some sketches of the Yaquina Bridge and boat harbor abstracting the complexity into horizontal and vertical lines. Then a van parked in front of my view and all the fun began. Their window distorted the bridge and boats. Soon I may use these sketches in my non-objective paintings. At home after the drive my painting is unrelated to what I saw. I don't know why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your daring red!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see you getting freer and looser! All seem related, from the backyard series to this.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks for your encouragement Joyce and Martha. I will answer more in my stories posted with my paintings.