About Me

My photo
Documenting a period in my development that could become pivotal

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Day Dream Painting: "Granny's Wind Dance"


Acrylic on stretched cotton canvas, 18" x 18", no stapples on the sides, For sale$800.

"Granny's Wind Dance" began this morning when I saw a touch of blue behind the clouds and low whispy darker clouds moving swiftly. Then I thought I would just do sky, but after chatting with my friend "Rain", I decided to do as she suggested and make a picture of myself against the sky. My first impulse was to do myself dancing. I'll be doing some more larger paintings from time to time.

For more spiritual paintings click here. http://umbrellapaintingjournal.blogspot.com/2005/11/shared-treasure.html#links

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that. What a great painting. the movement, the color and the expression on your face. That is just great :)

Anonymous said...

Diane, thanks for explaining cradled masonite; however, I may have to see such a frame in order to understand fully (being a visual person at heart).

I knew the water-based oils were not acting well with the masonite when I stored some dry paintings in a standing up position and they stuck together a year after I thought they were dry!! There may be something else at work here that I don't know about.

Anonymous said...

Diane, thanks for explaining cradled masonite; however, I may have to see such a frame in order to understand fully (being a visual person at heart).

I knew the water-based oils were not acting well with the masonite when I stored some dry paintings in a standing up position and they stuck together a year after I thought they were dry!! There may be something else at work here that I don't know about.